Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Foiler

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-02-16

Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty
PostSubject: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty9/4/2007, 19:56

My friends and I are evaluating the PC Lap Counter demo on our analog tracks. We are very impressed so far, but I have a question about pit stops.

Can PC Lap Counter be configured to make use of the timing gantry as the pit stop detection device?

I see mention of the program using web cams as detectors in a separate pit stop area, or manually calling for a pit stop, or automatically pitting at some predetermined laps for a set amount of time.

However, I do not see any mention of possibly stopping the cars under the timing gantry to initiate a pit stop. This feature would be very convenient for our routed tracks where pit lanes are not easily added.

Thanks in advance for answering this question.

Foiler
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty9/4/2007, 22:55

See you made a good evaluation of all possibility Very Happy but i don't understand your question, what you mean by "timing granty" Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Foiler

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty9/4/2007, 23:28

Guy,

Sorry for the confusion.

By "timing gantry", I simply mean the structure or location on our tracks where the Infrared emitter and detector lights are located for lap timing.

At my track, I have (1) Infrared detector beneath each slot at the Start/Finish line, and I have (1) Infrared emitter directly above each detector at this same Start/Finish line. I refer to the structure that holds the (4) infrared emitters as my "timing gantry".
The infrared detectors are wired to my computer's parallel port, pins 10, 11, 12 & 13.

So, to repeat the original question in a different way:

"Can PC Lap Counter be configured so that a pit stop can be initiated by stopping a car over the lap counting sensors?"

Thanks,
Dale
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty10/4/2007, 00:37

Ok now i understand and actualy this is not possible but i will add that possibility very soon because it's a nice feature cheers
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty18/4/2007, 19:42

Hi,

I just finished the "timing granty", if you want i can make a beta version so you can test it.
Now i think i will make it also for people who use phidget Interface cheers
Back to top Go down
Foiler

PostSubject: Yes, Please!   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty21/4/2007, 19:15

Guy,

I would be very interested in testing the beta version for this modification.
Please let me know how I might get it.

Thank you for working on this change! Very Happy

Foiler in Michigan Very Happy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty22/4/2007, 00:17

No more possible because i just start the modification to have also timing gantry with phidget interface, i think i can make a new beta during next week cheers
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty27/4/2007, 23:03

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty9/5/2007, 23:04

Version 4.41 available at www.pclapcounter.com, version 4.41 include timing gantry cheers
Back to top Go down
Foiler

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty10/5/2007, 20:27

Guy & Others,
I am pleased to report that we have successfully run several fuel management races using the 4.41 Beta which allows stopping a car over the lap counting sensors to initiate a pit stop.

I changed the pit-stop detection delay from 2 sec (default) to 1 sec, and we have had no problems with this setting. I have not

I did notice a small delay or lag in the Zoom View for the fuel level meter when refilling the "virtual fuel". The actual fuel level was often higher than what was displayed in the Zoom View, but the fuel meter did catch up after leaving the sensors.

Thanks again for this program enhancement! Very Happy

Foiler in Michigan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?   Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible? Empty

Back to top Go down

Pit Stops Using Timing Gantry Possible?
Page 1 of 1