Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Points worked out at end of session by Average time?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Chinese

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-11-01

Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty
PostSubject: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty29/11/2007, 23:43

At our track we always race on all 6 lanes. The race is done in who can complete all 10 laps in the fastest time.
At the end of a race meeting we work out the winner by first dropping the worst two lane total time results, and then we work out everyones average total race time and then sort them to determine the winner and their points in the leaderboard.

How would I set this up in PC Lap counter?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty30/11/2007, 20:33

Sorry but i don't understand the way you want to set points, can you post a exemple ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Chinese

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty3/12/2007, 20:43

Sorry for the delay I hope this demonstrates it more clearly.

There would be 2 races with 3 segments each totalling 6
1 worst result from 3 segments would be dropped.

1/3 + 1/3 = 2/6 bad race results dropped

Time is in minutes:seconds.miliseconds

Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Howweraceio3
Back to top Go down
Chinese

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty5/12/2007, 23:58

The club i'm working for love all the features of pc lap counter except one.

We know PC lap counter can work out a winner by average time for all lanes raced on and determine the points score, but if it cannot remove the worst two lane results then work out the average and the winner my club are unwilling to pay out and upgrade the hardware and software from scalex to pc lap counter.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty6/12/2007, 00:53

As you know what you ask is not possible with the actual version of Pc Lap Counter.
In case i implement that functionnality i think it will be used only by your club and because i have many other demand actualy i only implement demand that can be used by many peoples.
I understand that your club will not ugrade to Pc Lap Counter if a important functionnality is missing but I have to make choices given the amount of time I can spend on Pc Lap Counter (PCLC is not my main activity).
Back to top Go down
Chinese

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty6/12/2007, 12:52

I have an idea for a workaround.

I could export the results from the races into an access database or excel spreadsheet and then get either of those programs to work it out?

Infact the table I added in this thread, is something from an openoffice spreadsheet I made to sort the results from Scalex, as when you race with less than all 6 lanes on restricted laps (say who can do 10 laps in the fastest time)
It would mess up the total time. There is a serious bug in it.

The trouble is I had to manually enter everyones results from each race which made things extremely slow.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty7/12/2007, 14:13

Pc Lap Counter can save all race data into a Access database, more information here http://www.pclapcounter.be/statistics.html.
Some query already exists into the database, normaly it should be easly to use it in Excel or other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Points worked out at end of session by Average time?   Points worked out at end of session by Average time? Empty

Back to top Go down

Points worked out at end of session by Average time?
Page 1 of 1