Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Green light turns off

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Green light turns off Empty
PostSubject: Green light turns off   Green light turns off Empty26/7/2009, 07:27

I don't know why but the green light turns off in the middle of a race.
If I press "Pause" and "restart", the green light turn on again.

I have the mainline hobbies phidget kit, the ligtht works perfectly, even I tested the new blinking option, but this seems something weird.

Another weird thing is that some times, the powre turns off automaticaly, no pause is indicated on the screen, but again... if I push restart, I can continue with no problems.

Any clue?.

Thank you.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Green light turns off   Green light turns off Empty26/7/2009, 14:20

Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2006-09-26

PostSubject: Re: Green light turns off   Green light turns off Empty27/7/2009, 08:12

No Guy, it is a very different problem. the link you added here was solved by replacing a button (hardware).

Here, just the light does turn off, the race continue with no problems, the cars have power, the bridge count the laps, the pc-lapcounter count the laps, but the light is off. If I push pause, and restart, the green light turns on again, and it works.

I thought that may be something could happen with the new feature of blinking lights when in pause. I ticked this option lately. But I am just guessing.

Thanks.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Green light turns off   Green light turns off Empty27/7/2009, 16:39

I was talking about this:
ecominguez wrote:
Another weird thing is that some times, the powre turns off automaticaly, no pause is indicated on the screen, but again... if I push restart, I can continue with no problems.

About the green light: i test it and it work fine, i really think that you have a hardware problem because PCLC not send any command to cut the green light in the middle of a race scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
slotmanege

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2007-11-02

PostSubject: Re: Green light turns off   Green light turns off Empty31/7/2009, 00:12

Hi Eduardo,

Your problem could be the Phidget outputs. If I'm correct the output current of the Phidget is limited. Solution is to have a relais in between your lights and the Phidget... with other words: let the Phidget trigger the relais (that should take less current to manage). The relais then takes care of powering the starting lights.

regards,
Danny
Back to top Go down
http://www.slotmanege.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green light turns off   Green light turns off Empty

Back to top Go down

Green light turns off
Page 1 of 1