Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

First Lap Count

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ozmosis99

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-05-21

First Lap Count Empty
PostSubject: First Lap Count   First Lap Count Empty21/5/2010, 21:40

Hello,

The answer to this is probably obvious, but I haven't been able to figure it out. I have the SCX digital system with the USB interface. I have only been running test races so far with PC Lap Counter. I start them using the button on the pitbox unit.

When it is time to start, a car that crosses the start/finish line immediately begins counting at lap zero on PC Lap Counter, and works fine. However, if a car is starting from a little farther back and doesn't not cross immediately, it starts counting at lap one - a lap ahead of the others. What is happening? Is there a way to prevent this?

Thank you! scratch
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

First Lap Count Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Lap Count   First Lap Count Empty22/5/2010, 01:40

I don't think it's a problem in Pc Lap Counter itself, maybe this post can help you: https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/scx-digital-f10/1-car-generating-lap-count-for-multiple-cars-t705.htm
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
ozmosis99

First Lap Count Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Lap Count   First Lap Count Empty22/5/2010, 04:46

Thanks for the reply.

Actually it is a different issue in this case. Even if I am only running one car, if it hesitates and does not cross the s/f line immediately after the start lights it will register 1 lap completed at the start. The SCX digital system itself still registers it as 0 until the first lap is complete. PC Lap counter does the same as SCX if the car crosses the line immediately, but not if it takes a second or two. If the are two rows of cars, they will all start with zero laps on the SCX system, but the second row may register one lap at the start because they take longer to cross the line. I will adjust some settings and see if I can figure anything out.
Back to top Go down
ozmosis99

First Lap Count Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Lap Count   First Lap Count Empty23/5/2010, 08:09

I figured out the problem - it was my mistake.

Mainly I was getting confused because the SCX-D displays the number of laps completed while PC Lap Counter displays the current lap. Therefore PCLC always shows one more lap than SCX-D.
Back to top Go down
redvanth

Registration date : 2010-10-28

First Lap Count Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Lap Count   First Lap Count Empty28/10/2010, 01:42

Hi

I think i had same problem,

In my case the minimum lap time time was set to low for instance 2 sec, when i past the line with 2 seconds of the 54321 countdown i get no problem, i waited longer and sat there then past the s/f line i recieved extra lap, solved problem by increasing to the right minimum lap time.
PCLC and SCXD should show same amount of laps all the the time

See if this solves the problem hopefully

Thanks
redvanth
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First Lap Count Empty
PostSubject: Re: First Lap Count   First Lap Count Empty

Back to top Go down

First Lap Count
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum