Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Questions and, may be, a problem to fix

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ecominguez

ecominguez

Number of posts : 225
Registration date : 2006-09-26

Questions and, may be, a problem to fix Empty
PostSubject: Questions and, may be, a problem to fix   Questions and, may be, a problem to fix Empty25/4/2011, 18:36

First the steps I took, to put you in the same page, then some questions...

Idea.... : I wanted to do a race for 9 drivers, in my 2 lanes track.

The only way I found to do it was...
1)New Race ("at the end of the race all drivers must finish their lap" turned on)
2)Driver/Teams
3)Generate Heats
4)Added all the drivers into the Taking part column
5)set Lap limited to 5 laps in Race Type
6)Radio button "Drivers race one time" on, in Generate Heats so
7)I did push "generate" big button, and the
8)One Heat of 5 races was created (one of the races with an empty driver)
9)Manualy I changed the cars, because more than one driver would race with the same car.

Questions
A)Is this the right way to do a race with 9 friends? asking this because I thought that "heat" was a different thing, that heat was when segments are needed.

B)I started the race, the race started and finished, when it finished the "Pause" was turned on, I pushed "restart" and a dialog box appear in the PCLC main window, in a modal window that told me that I didn't turn on the "automatic rotation" and asked me if I want the PCLC to do it for me????. I think this is a problem, because I didn't need a rotation, the heat was generated with the lanes assigned, nobody was going to rotate to a different lane. If it is still needed to turn on the automatic rotation, I didn't find where.

C)If I want to use this race in a championship, keeping the drivers for the next race, how do I have to proceed?, do you have a link that teach me how to build a championship keeping all the drivers. How about the generated Heat? will them be always the same?

D)At the finalization of the race, the classification only takes into account the time spend in the race. Could it be that one can choose to take into account who won the race (this time when I say race, I mean not the whole race but each of the races of two drivers that compose the main race)

E)I could not see who are the next drivers until I press "restart" and there I have to pause again the start because there is not enough time to make the move of the drivers. Even following this instructions https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t430-zoom-window-questions

Thank you.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Questions and, may be, a problem to fix   Questions and, may be, a problem to fix Empty1/5/2011, 17:02

Embarassed No answers? May be too long comment? Or did I asked nonsense?.
Back to top Go down
Bruce

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-04-23

PostSubject: Re: Questions and, may be, a problem to fix   Questions and, may be, a problem to fix Empty2/5/2011, 10:30

Hola,

I am pretty new at this as well, so what I may be answering is BS.

Answers
A) You can setup this way. It basically means that each driver will run one race. Assuming that you run on an analogue track, each driver will run on one lane only. This could be a bit unfair if your track has a different difficulty for each lane. I would have set it up a with "Drivers race on all lanes". And as far as I understand it a segment is the same as a heat. multiple segments, or heats, total a race.

B) Actually you do need to to rotate the "drivers", so this is correct. In order to set the automatic rotation, go to "Settings">, then "Options", then check "Automatic Lane Rotation after each segment".

C) A championship is series of "Races". Remember, a Race can be (but must not be) a series of heats or segments.
When you set up a Championship, you must give it a name (for example "Super Cup" or "FIA". Then you can decided how to award points for each place in a "Race". So, you may actually not have all the same drivers in the "races" of a championship. At the end of the series of races, the Championship), the driver with the most points is the winner.

For example, in real life, F1 has a championship each year/season. The winner of each race gets 20 points, second place gets 18 and so on. At the end of the year, the driver with the most points is the champion.

D) You could set it up this way by using "Championship". So instead of using many "heats/Segments" for a race, you only have one. But then you have to manually setup the next race (which is also just one segment. At the end of each race, the drivers are given points.

e) by following answer "B", this will tell you who is in the heat/segment before having to click restart. Alternatively, you can also click update, if you do not have automatic rotation turned on.

I hope this helps,
Bruce
Back to top Go down
ecominguez

ecominguez

PostSubject: Re: Questions and, may be, a problem to fix   Questions and, may be, a problem to fix Empty4/5/2011, 05:42

Bruce, thanks a lot.

Thanks for your time.

I will try some of the ideas you give me to workarround the "rotation" message.

About Championship, yes, I know real championships and how it works, but I didn't know how to take it to 9 players that have to use just two lanes. I mean, after all of them once, I want to call it just one race, then I will race again with the 9 players using the same track but changing the direction. Then repeat this two races twice, so I will have 6 races each of 9 pilots, but divided in segments/heats.

Thank you again.
Eduardo.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2295
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Questions and, may be, a problem to fix   Questions and, may be, a problem to fix Empty4/5/2011, 10:27

here is a video showing a race with the heat editor: