Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lars_jacobsen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-10-02

expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty
PostSubject: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty13/10/2011, 11:00

Hi again Guy

After having implemented and tested the RFID driver change solution we are very impressed, this works perfectly and the RFID offers a lot of extra features that could be used in both digital and analog racing, here my thoughts:

1. if we install an RFID reader at each driver station the driver could be inserted automatically in the heat of PCLC - no longer necessary to setup races manually
2. drivers could have a card for each car they race, when using this all laptimes from the past could be automatically put in a database and this way give great information about setup progress etc.

Is i very difficoult to implement further functions to the RFID side of PCLC?

Looking forward to hearing your response

Smile
Back to top Go down
newimaging

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty17/5/2012, 06:59

I think those are both great ideas.
I was also wondering if you are doing a team race, with 4 teams ( 4 lanes analog) do I need an RFID reader for each lane to change drivers, or will one reader automatically change drivers since the program knows what team they are on ?

Christian
Back to top Go down
newimaging

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2012-05-02

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty17/6/2012, 21:04

Since RFID chips are so cheap now, less then a dollar, and tiny, I would love the option to glue one into the chassis of all the 1/24th cars, so you just hold the car up to the reader and it populates the race. Maybe I`ll add a reader under every lane !?
Thanks to PC Lap Counter we can do some really neat stuff.
Back to top Go down
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty5/9/2012, 16:39

I'd like to see just one other possible interface supported.

Simply because I'd like to be able to have an RFID interface if I sell a new ID Card on by the main PC, and a 2nd one for dealing with any enurance challenges etc, which would be suited for driver changeovers.

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty3/10/2012, 22:52

partially done in version 5.22, you can download version 5.22 at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
jaydrive2000

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2012-09-05

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty4/10/2012, 15:28

I've been having a play with the new tweaks just now.

Only possible bug I've come across is say
Driver "A" moves from Lane B to Lane C.

Then when i try to allocate a new driver, driver "B" to Lane B, I get the error buzz. I had a nosey at the manual update screen, and it turns out I had two instances of Lane C, one of which overwrote Lane B. Manually changing it so I had one instance of each lane seemed to fix the issue, but obviously when drivers hop between lanes could be an issue in heat based races.

However, I do note that you say it's partially done so I was expecting a couple of hiccups.

anyway, I'm off to see if I can install some tags in my cars.

Well done!
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty5/10/2012, 00:38

jaydrive2000 wrote:

Only possible bug I've come across is say
Driver "A" moves from Lane B to Lane C.

Then when i try to allocate a new driver, driver "B" to Lane B, I get the error buzz. I had a nosey at the manual update screen, and it turns out I had two instances of Lane C, one of which overwrote Lane B. Manually changing it so I had one instance of each lane seemed to fix the issue, but obviously when drivers hop between lanes could be an issue in heat based races.
It's a bug, i will fix it ASAP so stay tuned Wink .

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty6/10/2012, 20:37

bug fixed in version 5.22b, you can download version 5.22b at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]   expand the use of RFID [done v5.22] Empty

Back to top Go down

expand the use of RFID [done v5.22]
Page 1 of 1