Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
reddemetro

reddemetro

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2008-07-29

ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty
PostSubject: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty25/8/2014, 18:27

I want the arduino send the% of fuel for each car

I would like something like [Funn1xxx] where xxx is the % of fuel. Values ​​between 000% and 100% and can use a bar leds to indicate the nivel of fuel.

Guy Thanks for your attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reddemetro.com
GregWoods

GregWoods

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2014-10-02

PostSubject: Re: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty12/1/2015, 19:38

Also requested by BgHurt in a separate thread. He suggested [FLnnxxx], which I like a little better, but I'll take whatever I can get!
FL stands for Fuel Level, all in caps, like the other arduino output.

What is the '1' in your proposal?

I considered a bar graph for my 'tower', but I can't find one with i2c or similar interface, and I don't want a 48 pin device, and the associated soldering. I'm going to be using an rgb LED for each lane instead. It will go from green, yellow, orange, red, flashing red. I'd prefer a bar graph display though, it would look very cool.
Back to top Go down
GregWoods

GregWoods

PostSubject: Also add "refuel in progress" indication   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty16/1/2015, 13:14

It would also be nice if the Arduino interface could output a flag for when the car is successfully refuelling.
I would like to flash my fuel level indicator when fuel is being added. The driver can see at a glance that they have successfully entered the pit box.
We already have a flag for when refuelling is finished - the Max Fuel light [MFnn1], although [FLnn100] does the same thing.

This extra information could be incorporated into the Fuel Level packet, e.g. [FLnnbxxx] where b is 0 for not refuelling and 1 is refuel in progress.
Back to top Go down
GregWoods

GregWoods

PostSubject: Now for some hardware   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty16/1/2015, 15:25

http://www.seeedstudio.com/depot/Grove-LED-Bar-p-1178.html
ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Bar

No pressure Guy, but how awesome would a real fuel gauge like this be? Smile
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty8/2/2015, 14:29

Fuel level will be available in version 5.34 , Beta of version 5.34 available here: https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t1312-beta-of-pc-lap-counter-5-34-available
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
GregWoods

GregWoods

PostSubject: Thank you for Fuel level in Arduino output   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty9/2/2015, 22:35

I've just ordered 7 of the Grove bar graph displays from Seeed studio (ship from China, so may be a while),
and I'm going to do some basic testing of 5.34beta.

Thanks again

Greg
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty22/2/2015, 15:45

Done in version 5.34, Pc Lap Counter 5.34 available at www.pclapcounter.be
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty1/4/2015, 01:08

Hi Greg ,

Any news about your fuel level display ?

Regards.

Guy
Back to top Go down
GregWoods

GregWoods

PostSubject: Re: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty18/12/2015, 20:15

This must be the slowest reply in the history of the internet! I packed away my Scalextric track in 2015-02, and have only just set it up again.

Regarding the fuel level display, I am still working on it, but very very slowly.
I have purchased all the parts, I have the design, and I am currently finishing off a 3D model of the case (my original 'gantry' style leader board was made from MDF, which was slow to make.

Finishing the 3D case design is high on my priorities for Christmas 2015. I will post some pictures of the 3D case, and my design notes soon. It is likely I will open-source the 3D print once I've tried printing it.

Best wishes

Greg

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]   ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34] Empty

Back to top Go down

ARDUINO send fuel in % [done V5.34]
Page 1 of 1