Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Race ending too soon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
the Professor

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-10-11

Race ending too soon Empty
PostSubject: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty25/11/2007, 21:01

I am having problems with the race ending before the scheduled duration in both lap limited and time limited modes. It is inconsistent when it stops the race. I checked with Mainline Hobbies and they thought it could be a “noise" issue with the Professor Motor controllers we are using. I have installed the recommended ferrite filters on the leads from the DS light bridge and on the USB cables from the Phidget board to the PC as well as a filtered power strip for power supply and PC. Some races finish correctly but on occasion they will stop early. I am running version 4.45e. We are using the pit stop function and it is working fine.

Thank you,
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty25/11/2007, 22:55

The way Pc Lap Counter stop a race depend on segment options, so i suggest you check these options:

Race ending too soon Segmentoptions
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
the Professor

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2007-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty26/11/2007, 08:15

Guy,

In reference to your highlighted boxes I was running a Time Limited race and the segment options were not checked for finnishing the laps.

This is what I got running a race today.

New race started with 5 minute heats 8 drivers 40 min total

Starting race with green start button

Race start on 25 15:44:05:578
Race end on 25 16:24:05:57

We are racing with 2 racers and running in lanes 2 & 3

Track went green for approx 30 seconds and the power shut off to lanes. Green light still on.

Press restart

1st heat Press Start

System worked until 3 seconds from finish. Power shut off, 5 min. race time expired.

2nd Heat Press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
3rd Heat Press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
4th Heat Press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
5th Hear press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
6th Heat press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
7th Heat press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
8th Heat press restart, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
Race Finished as expected.

New Race Will Use 10.0 button on start of every heat.

1st Heat press 10.0, Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
2nd Heat press 10.0 Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
3rd Heat press 10.0 Race ran thru 5 min heat OK.
4th Heat Press 10.0, Race clock started but did not clear previous scores and did not count laps. Pressing 10.0 restarts clock but will not refuel the cars in lane 2 or 3. Waited until 5 min. segment was thru

Race program is stuck in 4th heat and only restarts it without resetting the laps to zero or
Refilling the cars.

I had to stop the race and start another one.??
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty26/11/2007, 15:07

i have tested and re tested and don't have any problems with version 4.45e.
Can you send me your racectrl.ini file (in C:\program\Files\GL\Pc Lap Counter) so i can see your settings.
You can send it at bk274532@skynet.be
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty26/11/2007, 19:15

I receive your file and see you use the heat editor for the rotation.
When you have again the problem can you send me your racectrl.ini AND seq.ini files (contains heat editor data).
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty27/11/2007, 20:34

I have received your seq.ini and see that "end lap" is ticked on each heat, so it mean that after each segment the program don't cut the power and wait that all drivers finish their lap (when a driver have finish his lap , his car picture is replaced by the "finish" picture).
When all drivers have finished their lap then the program cut the track power and prepare the next segment (make rotation, reset lap....).
While the program waits until drivers finish their lap the button "restart" is accessible and i think that's the problem because if you click on the "restart" button (or use 10..0) and all drivers have NOT finished their lap then you will have problems like you describe in your post.
I will modify PC Lap Counter so that the button "restart" will be not accessible while all drivers didn't finish their lap and also display a big message in main screen and zoom screen so that drivers know that they have to finish their lap.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Race ending too soon   Race ending too soon Empty

Back to top Go down

Race ending too soon
Page 1 of 1