Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
racer randy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate Empty
PostSubject: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate EmptyMon 10 Dec 2007 - 16:41

I have a full computerized slot car track using trackmate. I have 4 power supplies powering 4 lanes. This system uses their interface board hooked into a relay that has 4 switches in it to turn on the power to the lanes through the computer.

I have downloaded the demo PC Lap Counter software for trackmate. I have my trackmate set to close switches, but PC Lap Counter only works when I set it to open switches. Anyone know why?

Plus, I would like to have my dead strip sensors refill the fuel but right now it only takes away the fuel. Is there any way to have this system refuel the car other than manually? Which leads this question to appear. Is this trackmate system not capable to individually control the power of each lane?

Any help or use with this setup greatly appreciated.

Racer Randy
www.beavertonslotcarclub.com
Back to top Go down
Bjarne

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007 - 6:39

Hello racer randy'

The TrackMate HW has only one output for lane power. Therefor you can not use it for individual lanepower control.
Use the parallel port instead or something else that is supported by PCLC.
By the way, I am testing the Trackmate option in PCLC ( it is me who asked Guy for the option). Right now it is the Pitstop funktion (I use inferred sensors) I am testing.

I can't help you right now about the open/close switches. I don't use lane power. Question

How would you start the car again after refueling on a deadstrip? Where would you get the power ? Very Happy

by the way, it is nice that there are others that use and test the TrackMate HW. Very Happy
best regards
Bjarne
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007 - 7:41

Hi,
Well I think there is the answer. The dead strip seems to be a problem cause of no power. How about this> If I could get a way to kill the power on the lane, then I could use anyother part of the track for the fuel management.

Is there a way with a TrackMate to get this to happen?
Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
Bjarne

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2007-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007 - 15:18

Hi

The TrackMate HW got the following I/O.

one output for lanepower
Eight input for lap sensors
One input for trackcall

thats all

best regards
Bjarne

Last edited by on Wed 9 Jan 2008 - 8:51; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate EmptyTue 11 Dec 2007 - 17:26

Don't want to sound dumb here, but I guess that is a no.

Would adding a Phidget make it work? If so, how?

Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate EmptyWed 12 Dec 2007 - 17:27

I am out of this conversation as I have another one on the Phidget section.
Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate   Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate Empty

Back to top Go down

Using PC Lap Counter with TrackMate
Page 1 of 1