Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DS300 display bug

Go down 
AuthorMessage
warnergt

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-02-12

DS300 display bug Empty
PostSubject: DS300 display bug   DS300 display bug Empty12/2/2007, 04:44

I've been experiencing what appears to be a software (firmware) problem with the DS300. I was wondering if anyone else has seen it and if there is an update to fix it.

When running the DS300 in the F1 mode where the leader's lap count is displayed and other racers are displayed as a differential lap count (e.g. -1, -2, -3), often we find that the leader's lap count goes blank. And, because the other racers are displayed as an offset from the leader, one cannot tell the lap count by looking at the DS300.

I suspect the problem may be time related. We run some pretty fast laps (1.2-1.5 seconds). In this F1 mode, the DS300 displays each lap time momentarily then reverts to the lap count. I suspect that it gets confused when the car has completed another lap before it has restored the lap count on the display.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Is there a fix for it? I see the DS300 has what appears to be a microcontroller in a socket on the PC board. I suspect that this microcontroller could be replaced with another with a newer version of firmware.
Back to top Go down

DS300 display bug
Page 1 of 1