Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Laps missing and adding problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bartflaster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-27

Laps missing and adding problem  Empty
PostSubject: Laps missing and adding problem    Laps missing and adding problem  Empty15/1/2012, 22:16

Hi Guy,
I recently encountered a strange problem ... for most of the time I run solo and all is well, today I had 3 of us racing and there was some strange behavior with PC Lap Counter missing laps sometimes, and occasionally adding some randomly !
I disabled the fuel use thinking that was something to do with it but it made no difference.
I checked and double checked all the hardware (printer port and IR lightbridge used as detector) and all seemed well, we then ran a free program (Lap Timer 2000) for 3 races with no issues.
But as soon as I tried PC Lap Counter again it started missing laps.
This was on version 5.16.

Any idea's what could be causing the issue ?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Laps missing and adding problem    Laps missing and adding problem  Empty15/1/2012, 23:45

Hi,

Didn't know that parallel port is still used affraid
I think you have missing lap in Pc Lap Counter because your sensor pulse duration is not long enough , for Pc Lap Counter and Parallel port the sensor pulse duration must be at least 0.5 seconds, see here
Other users had bad experience with the parallel port (https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t219-missed-lap-counts) and they all moved to Phidget interface so they can use new computer and by the way add other features to their track like starting lights, Pitstop detection, lights up other lights , lane power , see section phidget interface in this forum to have a idea of the users experience with the phidget interface.
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Bartflaster

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Laps missing and adding problem    Laps missing and adding problem  Empty16/1/2012, 00:26

Hi Guy,
Yes its an old PC but fine for lap counting, that is its only job Wink
I have all the functionality I need with it and PC Lap counter TBH.

How do I find out how long my sensors pulse duration is, and should I enter a certain figure into the port setting boxes ?

Why would it work fine on a more basic timing system like LT2000, but not on PCL ?

Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2294
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Laps missing and adding problem    Laps missing and adding problem  Empty16/1/2012, 18:47

Bartflaster wrote:

How do I find out how long my sensors pulse duration is, and should I enter a certain figure into the port setting boxes ?
Sorry i don't know No
Bartflaster wrote:

Why would it work fine on a more basic timing system like LT2000, but not on PCL ?
Because LT2000 not need a long pulse duration like PCLC
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Laps missing and adding problem    Laps missing and adding problem  Empty

Back to top Go down

Laps missing and adding problem
Page 1 of 1