Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Falcon Raceway

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-04-08

Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty
PostSubject: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty13/4/2012, 23:27

Hi All,

I was just wondering if anyone has any good tips as I have my 1st race night using PcLapcounter comming up next week

I think I have got it all setup as I need but was wondering if there are any things I should look out for

We run on an Digital Oval using the SSD system with a 6 car PBPro SH powerbase

Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up The+Thorndike+Oval+Track+Plan

Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up 2012-01-12+18.46.14

Michael
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2012-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty15/4/2012, 00:53

Nice looking track, have you had the program up and running and understand everything our do you have specific questions on something?
Back to top Go down
The Falcon Raceway

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty15/4/2012, 01:52

I havent run it connected to the base yet

I have had a play with it on the PC and have set it up with drivers etc

So general tips really apreciated
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty15/4/2012, 02:06

Do you have the cable to connect the base to your computer, if you do you should hook it up the work with the settings for detection, penalties, track calls etc. where are you located I'm in wisconsin, usa
Back to top Go down
The Falcon Raceway

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty15/4/2012, 02:10

Essex, In England UK is where we are located

I have the cable etc as we have been using SSDC but it seems to have a lot of bugs with the old PBPRO SH Units

I have all of the drivers installed from when I used SSDC so was hoping it would just plug and play
or is there any trickery I need to watch out for ?
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty15/4/2012, 02:33

I dont know of any problems with the pb -pro, I use the c7042 6 car base and with it , this program is great compared to ssdc
Back to top Go down
The Falcon Raceway

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty15/4/2012, 02:38

I hope so I have heard lot's of good things about it

You can check out the track here The Falcon Raceway

or on Facebook @ The Falcon Raceway
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty22/4/2012, 14:39

how did the big event go? any problems?
Back to top Go down
The Falcon Raceway

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty22/4/2012, 15:01

No major problems considering I had only had the software for a few days and this was the first time it was connected to a track rather than just my spare PB Pro Unit

I couldn't seem to get pit pro working properly as for the drive thru penalties you drove into the pits which it registered
you did your stop and go but the penalty didn't clear until you went thru the pits again ?

and it took ages getting the correct fuel usage

Overall I was very impressed with it

a couple of minor points - it would be nice for a bit more detail on the fuel guage rather than the jump between each segment

also on setting up the zoom screens i set it all up but now seem to have lost the box that displays the bap time i have the gap but then no time displayed and no box where it was ????

But another race night thursday back on our oval so hoping that it will go aswell but using the fuel and stop and go's etc

Michael
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty22/4/2012, 16:13

rather than using the fuel gauge I like the bar graph better. I dont have pit-pro, I rally didnt see the need for it as the only real thing it does is slow the car down automatically in the pit row. unless I'm wrong. as far as serving a penalty what do you have your pit penalty time set for? mine is 5 seconds after the penalty is served you should hear the voice say GO then the penalty was served. you may be pulling away to soon check your settings. it takes a while to understand how this program works with all the complex features of it. but once you do there is nothing out there like it!
Back to top Go down
THESLOTCARGUY

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty22/4/2012, 16:17

are you a nascar fan and if so can you watch it in the U.k. I see brad kozlowskis banner over the garage door is he your favorite. mine is matt kenseth # 17
Back to top Go down
The Falcon Raceway

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty22/4/2012, 23:36

We can see the Nationwide series live and get high lights of the main event the day after

I don't mind the nascars but not really got any favorites

I like the INDY cars aswell but they are not running as many ovals as they used to
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up   Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up Empty

Back to top Go down

Any tips greatly apreciated - First race night with PcLC comming up
Page 1 of 1