Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Denney

Number of posts : 62
Registration date : 2007-05-27

Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty
PostSubject: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty17/4/2012, 18:51

Hi. I've been using PCLC on my wood routed track for some time and I love it. I'm looking to move to digital for space and easy of use.

I'm wanting to purchase the Scalextric C7042 6-car powerbase and the PC cable.

I currently run PCLC with a Phidget 0/16/16 board and I'm wondering if I can use the Phidget board for pit-in / pit-out detection along with the C7042 powerbase?
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2296
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty17/4/2012, 23:55

technically it's possible but in practice it's better to use a pitpro deluxe or use 2 old C7030 for pit in and pit out detection.
To use Phidget interface: phidget interface can not the read car id and therefore the only solution is to provide in the pitlane a box for each car and in each box put sensors by using diagram 2 here: https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t265-schema-to-connect-detector-to-phidget-0-16-16
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty18/4/2012, 12:34

Thanks for that Guy. I wanted to have a separate pit box for all 6 cars so this works out OK. I already have most of the hardware from the old analogue track I had.

The only other question I have, and I think I know the answer... Is there a way to limit the speed limit of the car going through the pit using the Phidget board? I'm guessing not and I'm guessing I need the deluxe pit-pro with the sensors at the start and end of the pit lanes.

Is there a way to have individual pit boxes with the pit-pro? I think it's one or the other:

- Phidget = 6 pit-boxes, no speed limit
- Pit-Pro = 1 pit-box, speed limited
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty18/4/2012, 19:31

You right, with Phidget board Pc Lap Counter can't detect speed limit in the pit lane.
With pit-pro , Pc Lap Counter can detect speed limit and will start the refueling when the car stop (zero throttle).
Maybe it's possible to have 6 pit-boxes with the pit-pro and some electronics modification on the pit-pro, i suggest you contact the construction of the pit-pro (RichG or Riko) to see if it's possible or not.
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty2/5/2012, 15:43

Hi Guy. Unfortunately the electronics required would be quite difficult using the Pit-Pro on it's own.

I was recommended to ask if PC Lap Counter could support the following scenario (let me know if you want me to open a feature request in the correct forum).

1. Option for Pit-Pro to limit pit lane speed ONLY - Does PC Lap Counter current support this?
2. Option for Phidget to detect pit stops, allowing use of all inputs as individual pit boxes (I believe PC Lap Counter already supports this).

So basically, car passes first Pit-Pro sensor and is speed limited. Car pulls into it's own Pit Box and the Phidget detects the car (no car ID recorded, obviously - you pull into the wrong pit and it will refuel the associated lanes (car ID) car). Refueling begins and continues until car leaves Phidget detector. Car passes second Pit-Pro sensor and speed limit is removed.
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty2/5/2012, 21:40

Hi Denney,

Yes Pc Lap Counter can support that scenario with some modification but it's better you open a feature request in the demand section Wink
Back to top Go down
Denney

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty3/5/2012, 07:48

Great news it's possible Guy. I've created the request in the demand section (https://pclapcounter.forumotion.com/t1012-ssd-pit-pro-phidget-multiple-pitbox-support#4343).
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty28/5/2012, 23:19

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?   Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection? Empty

Back to top Go down

Scalextric APB and Phidget pit detection?
Page 1 of 1