Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

automatic track call

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lars_jacobsen

Number of posts : 92
Registration date : 2006-10-02

automatic track call Empty
PostSubject: automatic track call   automatic track call Empty28/9/2007, 12:23

Hi Guy

I have just ordered the following phidget boards

0/0/4 and =0/16/16 in order to have a fully functional lapcounter and track power control

We have been using the software for some time, at occasionally experiencing missed lap counts. As far as I have learned this is due to bad LPT port in XP - thus buying hardware that works 200%

Here to the "demand":
I have read through the manual concerning track calls, and also the function that if 2 cars pass the same detector faster than the minimum lap time, only 1 lap is counted - however 2 weeks ago we were racing at Racefun (Denmark ) who has a Danish developed system. Here they had an extra feature that started an automatic track call if 2 cars passed the detectors within the minimum lap time.

Is this feature available in PC Lapcounter or would you considder to implement it? (ought to be quite simple)

:-)

B/Rgds
Lars
www.superslot.dk
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

automatic track call Empty
PostSubject: Re: automatic track call   automatic track call Empty30/9/2007, 21:23

Don't think i will implement it because it will disturb all drivers, imaging this feature on a 24H race like the 24H of BSC with 24 teams !
As you know if a car deslot near the S/F line the car can trigger the wrong detector and so it may reach the min lap time, making a automatic track call will stop everybody...don't think drivers will like that pale
I will ask to the organisator of the 24H of BSC what they think about this feature but i think they will prefer to keep the actual feature: when a lap time is bigger than the alert time then Pc Lap Counter display the lap time in red and if a team consider that there is a missing lap then they ask to the race director to verify the lap's history. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be

automatic track call
Page 1 of 1