Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
racer randy

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2007-12-10

No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty
PostSubject: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty16/1/2008, 11:41

Hi Guy,

We use PC Lap Counter 4.46 with the Trackmate interface for lap counting and time keeping. We use a 0/16/16 Phidget board to detect our Pit In sensor for fuel management. When we test the Phidget board with the Phidget Manager that is included in the driver we can see the inputs come on and we can control the outputs. However, in the Pit Stop Detection menu of PC Lap Counter we don't see any Phidget inputs show up in the drop down list. PC Lap Counter correctly shows that our Phidget board is available in the list of available Phidget boards, but the drop down lists to select the I/O points are empty.

We have rebooted the computer, moved the Phidget board to different USB ports and restarted PC Lap Counter many times and in many combinations but to no avail. When we tested this setup a week ago on this computer everything seemed to work fine. The only difference between then and now is that we tested it with the demo version of PC Lap Counter and now we are using the registered version.

Help! We plan to have a race this Sunday and would like to use the fuel management during the race. The time keeping and lap counting part is working fine.

Best regards,

Randy and George
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

PostSubject: Re: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty16/1/2008, 18:14

Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty16/1/2008, 23:20

Hello Guy,
That did the trick. Works fine now. One thing though. I did the cmd instructions. When you say type in msi.exe /iphidget.exe. I kept getting an error message saying msi.exe is not a valid file. So I typed in phidget.exe and it loaded the program from this DOS window.

Thanks for you help.
Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty16/1/2008, 23:48

Yes but the commands was for a problem on Vista only (error 2869 during Phidget21.msi installation)....
Just for knowledge...your problem was on Vista or XP ?
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Re: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty17/1/2008, 06:49

Guy,
I am running windows XP professional with latest updates. After I report it was working, I had to move some wires but am pretty sure I didn't mix anything up. Now upon further testing, I am finding this situation. We have 2 lanes up and running. A blue and a yellow lane. I start a race and the trackmate lap counter works fine counting the laps with the fuel dropping down. (I notice more fuel is used up on faster laps than slower laps even though I have the fuel reduction by laps) When I get ready to pit, I bring both cars in to the pit area. We are using sensors that detect when a car passes them. This is our pit in. Then for the blue lane pit in it adds fuel to the yellow lane. the blue lane doesn't get fuel. Then we switch out of the pit out. and when we run through the lap sensors, the blue lane doesn't count anymore and the yellow lane says race over.

Any help on this?

Randy
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

PostSubject: Re: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty17/1/2008, 12:07

Think your Pit IN and Pit out signal is sended to the wrong lane number.
Back to top Go down
racer randy

PostSubject: Think I have it   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty17/1/2008, 21:33

Thanks Guy. I think the phidget card was set wrong. I reset things in a logical order and it seems to be working fine for now.
Racer Randy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists   No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists Empty

Back to top Go down

No Phidget I/O showing in drop down lists
Page 1 of 1