Pc Lap Counter
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Pc Lap Counter

Logiciel de comptage

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Woodside

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2007-01-02

How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes Empty
PostSubject: How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes   How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes Empty19/2/2008, 19:45

How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes do to a track call, with out disturbing PCLC statistics?

I tried unplugging the USB cable and this works most of the time. Power is restored to the track but several times the USB interface went down. I had to close PCLC in order to get the Phidget 8/8/8 back. Some of the times I had to restart the computer.

I don’t see this as a solution. Have you run into this before? Can you help?

Hear is what happened: I'll start with my hardware and move into the problem and then the poor solution.

I have a 4 lane Scalextric Sport track. I run the power through a single 30 volt Trackmate transformer split to all lanes. I run PCLC on a Dell computer w/XP pro. I run the DS-300 with a light bar, 2 Stop / Go Boxes and the Phidget 8/8/8 through a powered USB-2 hub to control track power when PCLC is used.

Last Saturday during the 2nd race of 10 drivers in the 7th heat / segment, we lost power on the Red lane #4, it’s an outside lane. I used the Pause button from PCLC screen to pause the race and made some adjustments to the track. When I was finished I was at a loss as to restoring power to the track with out Restarting the race.

I needed power to test the track so I did restart the race. The bad news was the Red lane was still dead and now heat 7 was ruined and had to be started over. That was okay but when I restarted heat 7 the lap count did not reset to zero. (We could have written down the lap count and subtracted that count from the total after the heat was complete but we didn’t think of that.) We had already spent 20 minutes trouble shooting the power problem on the Red lane. (We found oxide build up in the joint of one rail between two sections). As I said I had to restart heat 7 over and over and over again for duration of the testing. We ended up closing PCLC and completed the last 3 heats with the DS-300 stand alone.

Getting back to my question: How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes do to a track call, with out disturbing PCLC statistics?

Thanks, Woodside
Back to top Go down
guy

guy

Number of posts : 2297
Registration date : 2006-01-25

How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes Empty
PostSubject: Re: How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes   How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes Empty19/2/2008, 22:39

As you know when you "pause" the race this will put power to off on all lanes BUT during the pause (and race...) you can control the power on each lane by clicking on the column "on" in the main screen of PCLC, like here:

How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes Poweronoff

PS:
During my test with my Phidget interface i have see that i have to click 2 times silent ....will be fixed in next version
Back to top Go down
http://www.pclapcounter.be

How do I restore power to the track for testing purposes
Page 1 of 1